WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS FOR WEEK ENDING 17 MARCH 2000:
- Thermal conduction and vacuum integrity tests.
- Prototypical insertion of pins.
- A repeat of the thermal and vacuum tests following the repairs.
- Axial load and random vibration tests.
- Vacuum integrity recheck following the axial load and random vibration test.
Photo: A close-up of the thermal repair pins referred to in step 2.
SPACE VEHICLE HIGHLIGHT
The Bond Pin Probe Repair Validation Unit successfully completed load testing in LMSS B/255. The next test scheduled for the unit is random vibration testing in LMSS B/151 in Sunnyvale.
Photo: LMSS Engineer Doug Pensiger with the Bond Pin Probe Repair Validation Unit during load testing in LMSS B/255.