Links to Other Web Sites Related to GP-B
On this page:
- Other Web sites pertaining to the GP-B Mission
- NASA, other institutions, companies & persons related to GP-B
- The life & work of Albert Einstein
- Einstein's special and general theories of relativity
- Other applications for the technology utilized by GPB
- Astronomy & Space Sciences
- Space flight & Launch Vehicles
- Space science education & learning activitie
- gravityprobeb.com. NASA Marshall Space Flight Center's official GP-B web site
- Stanford ready to give Einstein big exam. The San Francisco Chronicle's article on Gravity Probe B
- In search of GravitoMagnetism. NASA's headline about GP-B and GravitoMagnetism
- Gravity Probe B ready for launch. Space Daily's account of Gravity Probe B
- Gravity Probe B Launch Scheduled. Universe Today's article about Gravity Probe B
- "Einstein was right...again!!!". An article from the Marshall Space Flight Center on frame-dragging with a short section on GPB.
- Gravitational Physics: Exploring the Structure of Space and Time (1999). This online book, written by the National Research Council Committee on Gravitational Physics, assesses the achievements of the field over the past decade in both theory and experiment and identifies the most promising opportunities for research in the next decade. The book examines topics such as gravitational waves and their detection,classical and quantum theory of strong gravitational fields, precision measurements, and astronomical observations relevant to the predictions of Einstein's theory of general relativity. GP-B is mentioned on page 84.
- Peering through a "Hole in the Sky" . An Article by NASA's Science News branch about gravity, eclipses and an unsolved experimental puzzle.
Related persons, companies and agencies
- NASA Office of Space Science
- NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center
- Lockheed Martin Missiles and Space
- Stanford University
- Satellite Test of the Equivalence Principle
- Global Positioning System at Gravity Probe B
- The International Laser Ranging Service
- Dr. Norbert Bartel's VLBI support of Gravity Probe B at York University, Canada
- The National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO)
- The Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
- Zentek Scientific, Providers of high quality and space flight electronics
- Albert Einstein Online.Very extensive collection of links on Einstein, his life and his works.
- Virtual Einstein Exhibit. Web site from the American Museum of Natural History's Travelling Einstein Exhibit
- Einstein Papers Project at Caltech. The homepage of the Einstein Papers Project at Caltech (originally Boston University).
- Olympia Academy. An extensive collection of links to sites related to Einstein and his theories.
- Albert Einstein: Person of the Century. Time Magazine's tribute to Albert Einstein.
Einstein's Special and General Theories of Relativity
- Spacetime: From the Greeks to Gravity Probe B. Everything you ever wanted to know about spacetime and relativity...and more!
- "A Brief History of Relativity" as told by Stephen Hawking. Part of Time Magazine's tribute to Albert Einstein, Person of the Century
- Thirring Institue for Applied Gravitational Reserach
- Math & Physics Help Page. Readable and entertaining introductions to special relativity, general relativity, and many other physics & math topics created by brothers Kenny Felder and Gary Felder
- General Relativity. A short history of general relativity.
- PBS's NOVA Online/Einstein Revealed/Relativity site . This well-written explanation of relativity includes animations.
- Faster Than Light. Is faster than light travel or communication possible?
- Take an Online Class about Einstein's Theory of Relativity . Space, Time, and Cosmology de-mystified.
- Einstein Light. Overviews to Galilean relativity, electromagnetism, the apparent inconsistency between them, Einstein relativiy, time dilation and length contraction, E=mc2, beyond relativity and in depth answers for the science-interested.
Other applications for the technology utilized by GPB
- How Gyroscopes Work. A good description of exactly how a gyroscope really works from the folks at "HowStuffWorks.com".
- The Mechnical Universe and Beyond.... California Institute of Technology's 52-lesson video freshman physics course (Lesson #20 is entitled Torques & Gyroscopes).
- Spin-Offs and Technology Transfer. Interesting articles on the effects and outcomes of space research.
- Technology Review. MIT's magazine of innovation.
- EurekAlert!. Produced by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), EurekAlert! is a comprehensive site about the latest research advances in science, medicine, health, and technology. Check out this week's advances.
Astronomy & Space Science
- NASA's Space Science News. An up-to-the-minute page of what's happening in space today.
- Universe Today. Space news from around the Internet, updated every weekday.
- Space Science Missions. NASA's comprehensive listing of all Space Science missions: past, present, developing and under study.
- National Space Society Homepage
- The Astronomy Education Review. Ideas and resources for teaching and outreach in astronomy and space sciences...
- Planet Quest—NASA Origins Program. Asking "Where do we come from" and "Are we alone?"
- Mars Mars Mars!. A web site all about our neighbor, the red planet.
- LIGO. The Laser Interferometer Gravitational wave Observatory project
- LISA. The Laser Interferometer Space Antenna project
- NASA Multimedia & Image Gallery
- Astronomy Picture of the Day. Beautiful photos and good explanations by real-life astronomers.
- Astronomy Prints and Activities for Kids. A diverse collection of space and astronomyimages, worksheets, puzzles and activities.
- NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Home of the National Space Sciences Data Center (NSSDC) where the GP-B experimental data archive resides
- NASA Marshall Space Flight Center . NASA's managing home of GP-B in Huntsville, Alabama
- Vandenberg Air Force Base. Launch site of the GP-B spacecraft in April 2004
- Boeing Integrated Defense Systems. Home of the Delta II rocket
- The Breakthrough Propulsion Program. Established in 1996 to seek the ultimate breakthroughs in space transportation.
Space Science Education and Learning
- The Education Resources Page of this Web site. Educational resources related to GP-B, spacetime and relativity.
for the Millennium". The National Center for Supercomputing Application's rich Multimedia Online Expo
- Interactive learning site on aeronautics. Suitable for K-8th graders.
- NASA Science Outreach Website. NASA Science for researchers, educators, kids and citizens
- NASA Classroom of the Future. Helping to bridge the gap between America's classrooms and the expertise of NASA scientists.
- Solar System Live. An interactive solar system model.
- Space Day. Fun, educational site by Lockheed Martin.
- Aerospaceguide.net. An aerospace home page for space flight enthusiasts.